Bladder stones are a fairly common disease that mainly affects men. The most common reason for the formation of stones is a small amount of urine, so the most important measure for preventing urolithiasis is the intake of a large amount of fluid, particularly water. There is a crystalline theory of bladder stones that suggests that drinking less liquid (less than 2 liters) increases the risk of forming stones.
However, external and internal factors can also contribute to the development of bladder stones, such as:
External factors – nutrition, gender, age, social origin, chemical composition of water, etc.
Internal factors – metabolism, urinary tract anomalies, genetic predisposition.
Symptoms of bladder stones include pain in the lower abdomen and pubic region, especially severe pain during urination. Additionally, patients with urolithiasis may suffer from frequent urination or the so-called Urinary Interruption Symptom.
Diagnosis of bladder stones is carried out using general urinalysis, ultrasound examination of the bladder, or computed tomography.
The treatment of bladder stones has historically been surgical, either endoscopic or open. However, thanks to the achievements of modern medicine, the treatment of urolithiasis has become much more comfortable, painless, and effective. MODULITH SLX-F2 is the most complex and expensive device in the world patented by the German company STORZ MEDICAL for the treatment of urolithiasis. Unlike other methods and devices, this cutting-edge device has:
- A unique membrane created using nanotechnology
- Cylindrical source of shock wave generation, the so-called generator
- Cylindrical initial waves propagate to a depth of 18 cm.
- A new type of X-ray, Flat Panel technology makes visible even stones that are invisible on an X-ray.
- Universal auto-aim mode
- Ultrasound system for intraprocedural monitoring – full control of the stone dissolution process and other manipulations
This device is available nationwide only in the STORZ Stone Dissolution Center and allows patients to overcome urolithiasis without surgical intervention, guaranteed and painlessly, in just one session:
- Precise, powerful, and painless waves
- Flawless digital imaging
- The procedure is fast and painless
- The patient is discharged home the same day
- The device removes coral-like stones up to 8 cm in size
- No patient weight restrictions
- Special stone dissolution program for children and pregnant women
- No limit!!! Stones of any size, shape, or location are subject to rapid decay.
It should be noted that three things are important in urolithiasis:
- The location of the stone
- The size of the stone
- The composition of the stone
Stones of any location, size, and composition of the kidneys and ureters can be dissolved in the state-of-the-art STORZ Stone Dissolution Center. The MODULITH SLX-F2 crushes stones in the most precise way by concentrating ultrasonic energy. It should also be noted that this method does not require anesthesia, is non-painful, and is an outpatient manipulation; that is, the patient leaves the clinic on the same day.